There are plenty of networking groups and events to choose from. Here is why every serious
entrepreneur and business leader should go for BNI.
The simple reason: we help you get increased exposure and make sure you get more referrals than
anywhere else, maybe even more than you can handle.
We also treat our members like the VIPs they are.
Upon joining BNI you get:
● Our orientation CD outlining BNI’s unique “Formula for Success”
● Your personal BNI badge
● A vinyl card holder to carry members’ business cards
● Referral slips
● Marketing materials for your chapter
● Many more tools to ramp up your networking game!
As a BNI member, you have exclusive access to:
● Up to 52 members-only networking events per year
● Bi-monthly newsletters with educational material on networking, public speaking, and business-related topics
● Business trade shows where you can market your chapter and your business
● Free periodic workshops on networking
● Many more events and materials to boost your business success
Why BNI Inspire?
Now you might be wondering what makes our chapter different from others in Bangkok.
Here’s what sets us apart:
● We are one of only two English-speaking chapters in Bangkok
● We currently have 28 members from 30 industries, all of whom are ready to refer business!
● Our members are extremely diverse. They come from 8different countries, speak 7 languages and represent every major religion.
● So far, we have given over 350 referrals and closed 330 business deals for a total value of THB 248,000,000
● We organize regular trips and outings for members and their families to build a solid community of business partners and friends
● Thanks to the quality of our referrals, several of our members have been able to grow and even sell their businesses at a considerable profit
Some more questions you might have:
Q: Can anyone join a chapter?
A: We only take one person per professional specialty. So, if you are a residential real estate person and
we already have one, we can refer you to another chapter, or allow you to open a chapter of your own.
Of course, if you are a commercial real estate person, you could be eligible to join this chapter.
If we already have a member from your area of expertise, get in touch with us anyway. We consider each application on a case-by-case basis.
Q: How do you know new members are reputable?
A: We rely heavily on word-of-mouth. Before someone even comes to a meeting, they must have spoken to one of our members and be invited by one. Our application asks for references and we have a membership committee which checks them. We also require applicants to have a sponsor who’s already a member. If they don’t, we’ll assign one and she will interview them.
Q: What if a member gets a referral and does poor work?
A: We have an ethics committee and it is imperative that anyone who gives a lead and finds out it was not handled well, must report this to the membership committee, who will investigate what went wrong.
Q: What occupations benefit the most from networking?
A: We believe that it’s not the occupation but the individual. Your occupation can be anything. If you’re focused, you have a dream and you’re willing to make a sacrifice, you are the person we want in the group.
Q: Are members supposed to bring visitors?
A: You’re encouraged to suggest visitors for the occupations that are open. After your friend has been pre-screened and we’ve found they’re a viable candidate, we’re happy to welcome them to a meeting.
This might sound rather strict but BNI is pretty much a closed meeting except for potential members.
Q: Do ethical rules for certain professions prohibit participation in BNI?
A: BNI understands the importance of the ethical concerns governing certain professions and acknowledges that rules can differ by location. As such, BNI requires its members to uphold the rules of its profession so as not to violate the professional ethical obligations. In the event that BNI’s general rules could potentially violate a professional’s ethical code, BNI’s rules are superseded by the dictates of the professional’s ethics code. Please note that a primary objective of BNI is to educate its members on ways to market and grow business. It is BNI’s intent to ensure that this is permitted.
Q: If I specialize in a field within my profession, am I expected to be an expert in all aspects of my profession?
A: At BNI we understand that many professions are broad, and that people often specialize in a certain field within their profession. We do not expect, nor do we encourage, any professional to participate in an area in which they do not have expertise. On the contrary, BNI’s rules prohibit professionals from acting outside of the scope of their abilities. If you ever get into this situation, this would be a great time to refer the business to someone else.
Q: My profession does not let me directly solicit business. Is BNI still right for me?
A: At BNI our primary objective is to assist members in improving their business and to educate them about how to network effectively. Once your expertise is known and respected by other members, you are likely to get business even if you don’t solicit it directly because people feel comfortable with you and trust you. BNI offers a space which allows members to meet peers and develop this kind of relationship of mutual respect and trust among each other.